Wednesday, December 15, 2010

homemade holidays {sweets}

It's been a tradition in my family to bake cookies every year for christmas. My grandma started it because her grandma did it and there hasn't been a christmas without these cookies. And they aren't your typical sugar cut out cookies, they are your pound of butter, old fashioned, lots of sugar, tons of sprinkles, if you eat too many you get a tummy ache, but they're oh sooo good cookies. There are about 5 types of cookies that my grandma used to bake and I carry her tradition on for my dad and the rest of the family. So I wanted to share my favorite recipe for russian tea cakes. Can you say MMMMMM....



Russian Tea Cakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cream 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Blend well (working with your hands) ad 2 1/4 cup sifted flour, 1 tsp salt and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts. Chill. Form into balls. Bake 14-17 minutes. Cool, then roll in powdered sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment