Tuesday, August 30, 2011

from spain with love

With the holiday weekend approaching, my mind gets cranking about what the weekend will consist of and what's on the menu to make my friends go crazy! This time, I'm going for my all-time favorite mixture of red wine and coke, otherwise known as a calimocho (kalimotxo). A drink that was introduced to me by a good friend who spent quite sometime in Spain and brought it back to share with us and boy am I glad that he did. Every person I share this drink with, first starts with a confused look on their face because I know it sounds like an odd combination, but after you taste it, you are sucked in by the sweetness. A calimocho is normally made with half red table wine, my favorite is a cabernet sauvignon and half coke.  If you're looking for a fun addition to your holiday weekend, this is definitely it. 





source

No comments:

Post a Comment