Tuesday, August 2, 2011

pleasantly pineapple

During the summer months, it's an oven in my little apartment so deciding to bake something has to be for a super good reason. It was my dad's birthday last week and I figured that was as good enough of a reason as any to beat the heat and fire up my oven for some late night cookie making. On the menu, my dad's favorite childhood cookie, grandma's pineapple recipe. These tasty morsels are the lightest treat and the perfect cookie for summer cravings. They are not too heavy but just the right amount of sweet. Won't you hop on the pineapple train with me?







this is pretty close to what they look like, my after photo was warped because my camera is still not working, I promise to get it working soon!

grandma's pineapple cookies
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c crushed and drained pineapple
1 egg
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1 tbsp pineapple juice

In medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Then add a beaten egg and pineapple juice. In a separate bowl, sift flour and add the remaining dry ingredients. Add dry mixture to cream mixture. Drop spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!!


( 1, 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment