Thursday, October 13, 2011

DIY {kitchen art}

Recently I was inspired by two pieces of art and instantly knew I wanted to recreate my own version. I finally got the chance to do so this week and I couldn't be happier with this tongue in check piece. Some people might consider me a wino and I have no problem with that especially when I can fly my flag with a fun painting like this. As it might not be realistic to drink more wine than water, this glittery canvas turned out just how I wanted, shiny and fantastic. My kitchen walls will no longer be bare and boring thanks to my new painting full of personality. 




I simply painted the entire canvas a glittery gold ( 2 coats of paint ) Then drew the wine bottle shape and set my type stickers out how I wanted them. Next I painted over the letters with black, a few coats preferably and let completely dry. Peeled off the stickers, touched up a bit and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment