Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Russian Tea Cakes

One of my most favorite traditions is baking my Grandma's cookies for the holidays. It was something that I looked forward to eating every year as a kid and once I got old enough, she taught me how to make them and I have been making them ever since. My favorite cookie by far out of the batch, is what we call Russian Tea Cakes or I've heard them be called Mexican wedding cookies too. I think I might have shared these in the past but they are that good! 








Russian Tea Cakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cream 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Blend well (working with your hands) ad 2 1/4 cup sifted flour, 1 tsp salt and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts. Chill. Form into balls. Bake 14-17 minutes. Cool, then roll in powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment