Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY {valentine's yarn heart}

The upcoming Valentine's holiday has got me in a pretty crafty mood lately. I can't seem to stop thinking of fun ideas for things to make for the ever popular hearts and love holiday. As much as plain hearts can get boring after awhile they still get me every time. This idea came from a local store who always puts out the cutest window displays for each season. I drove by and saw yarn wrapped wood hearts and I put my own spin on it by making it out of a coat hanger. I simply bent the coat hanger to my desired shape, wrapped the coat hanger wire with yarn (which is the only way I figured the other yarn would stay in place because it kept slipping off the smooth surface of the metal hanger) Then I took my pink yarn and wrapped sporadically all over the heart. I figured the best place to hang it would be on our front door to welcome love for this month. 





I can't wait to make a few more of these smaller in size and with brighter colors! Happy crafting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment