Tuesday, May 11, 2010

going bananas



Today I got the urge, as I often do, to do a little baking. On the menu was a twist of grandma's banana bread: banana chocolate chip muffins. I remember I loved my grandma's banana bread, and we could only make it when we had the bananas that no one would ever eat because of all their brown spots.

In my lack of chocolate chips, I grabbed peanut butter chips and let me tell you, it was meant to be. Peanut butter and banana are by far one of my favorite pairings. It was a nice treat that indeed satisfied my sweet tooth.


Banana Chip Muffins


  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips. Bake for 32 minutes or until tops are pale golden brown. Cool.



Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment