Tuesday, December 14, 2010

homemade holidays DIY {Trader Joe's Gift Tags}

Here is a simple case of finding new uses for old things. I discovered this brilliant idea last holiday season and I have stayed true to making my own gift tags ever since. Why spend more money when you have the materials to 'upcycle' (recycling but making it more fabulous) into something more useful and if you ask me, cute!

Simply start with a holiday season Trader Joe's bag and start cutting...

Find areas of the bag that you want to cut out and use as the image or phrase on your tag (I made a sample gift tag out of an index card so I new what shape I was making them) Have your hole punch and hole reinforcement stickers handy and get to tag making...

The final product is something that I think absolutely makes any gift stand out, don't you?

Everyone always compliments me on this simple and easy solution to holiday gift wrapping. So friends I share one of my favorite holiday tricks, now go make some tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment