Tuesday, June 7, 2011

sweet meringues

I have my grandma to thank for my love of all things sweet. She was the one that taught me how to bake and how to appreciate the hard work that goes into making the sweet morsels that you enjoy later. There was one cookie in particular that was my favorite and surprisingly because it had the least ingredients. The famous brown and whites, mostly egg whites, sugar and chocolate chips. The catch is, baking them in the oven overnight, so the build up of these cookies was what I think made them taste twice as nice.

As I passed the cutest little french bakery the other day, close to my house, I was delighted to find an array of flavors of a similar cookie, meringues. I couldn't help but want them all, but I chose these three... mint & chocolate chips, vanilla with cocoa, and strawberry.



I must say those meringues are very pretty cookies and I have decided that my next baking project is making real meringues (not my grandma's version) with this recipe. The best part about these cookies, besides feeling like a kid eating them because you have a face full of crumbs, is that they literally melt in your mouth. A sweet snack to be paired with a nice cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment