Wednesday, September 7, 2011

{inspiration} jellies

Over the holiday weekend, some friends and I decided to start the day off with a morning on the water. We rented ourselves some kayaks and headed out to the bay. To my surprise, it was the time of year when the moon jellies were out and I was beyond excited to get to see them up close. We reached their little private cove after about 25 minutes and it was like a sky filling up with floating lanterns. They all started to come to the surface as our kayak was motionless. We each even stuck our hand in and got to feel them and surprisingly they were much firmer then we expected. I remembered a few weeks back seeing a program about a different kind of jelly, the thimble jelly, which really look like floating lanterns. After seeing how amazing these creatures are I am definitely inspired by their glowing interiors and sheer exteriors. 




1 2

No comments:

Post a Comment