Tuesday, December 20, 2011

sprinkle wonderland

Yesterday you could've called me master cookie maker. Like I've said before, every year I dedicate one day to making all of my grandma's traditional Christmas cookies and let me tell you my house smelt amazing. One of my favorites that I make are spritz cookies. Half of the reason they are so fun is because I dye them red and green before really decorating them, so they already have some cookie character.




Grandma's Sprtiz Recipe
Mix 1 cup soft butter, 2 1/3 cup sugar, 3 egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla. Work with hands. Add gradually 2 1/2 cup sifted four. Chill dough and run through a cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with candies and sprinkles.
Bake until set but not brown. Temp 400 for 7- 10 minutes.
* If you want colored dough, before chilling dough, half the dough and drop a few drops of food coloring in each pile and mix until desired color.


No comments:

Post a Comment