Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY {painted cork coasters}

For as long as I can remember, my coaster collection comsisted of those cheap very thin ones from restaurants and cool bars I've been to. You know the kind that when you were a little kid, you made a coaster house out of them when bored at dinner with your parents. I've always been fond of them mostly for the reason that the majority of them have funny or clever sayings on them and bring back some sort of memory for me. Well friends, I've finally decided that it's time for an upgrade. You know I wouldn't just buy any old coasters, I had to put my own little spin on them. I picked up a pack of cork coasters and some paint and got to work. I knew I wanted to have a fun pattern and some ampersands and incorporate white and mint. I made my stencils from contact paper and let the paint sit for a minute and was really pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment