Monday, August 9, 2010

baking is in the blood

I have to admit my new tv baking inspiration, DC Cupcakes aka the Georgetown Cupcake ladies, Katherine and Sophie. I love that they left their full time corporate 9-5 jobs to pursue a much sweeter and saltier at times task of opening an ever so popular cupcakery in Washington.



They use their grandma's old fashioned recipes and add a fresh new flare to them. The thing I love the most while watching the show is how they take on very large projects, sometimes at the last minute, that require a lot of creativity in figuring out how to pull off the end product. Mostly centerpieces for fun events fully made out of cupcakes. I love it!

I wish I could fly over to Washington right now to try one of their tasty delights (you can't forget their signature swirl of frosting on top) For now I will conquer my own baking endeavors on the home front.

No comments:

Post a Comment