Tuesday, April 24, 2012

chocolate crinkles

A sweet friend of mine gave me this book recently and I've been dying to make something from it. The book is filled with the cutest illustrations of directions in a fun, nicely designed layout. Just my kind of book if you ask me (my friends know me oh so well)! I decided to make crinkles which I had never heard of before but reminded me of a traditional cookie I make during the holidays. Much to my surprise, the crinkles turned out to be more of a cake-like-brownie ball, even my not sweet loving fiance had a few. Needless to say, I can't wait to make another sweet treat from the cookiepedia.



Crinkles

Ingredients:
6 oz bittersweet chocolate. finely chopped
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
powdered sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 325. Use a double broiler to melt the chocolate and butter slowly. Beat eggs and sugar until thick and smooth. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate mixture. Sift flour, powders and salt and gradually add to egg mixture. Cover dough with plastic and let chill for 2 hours. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Rolls 1 inch balls or dough and toss in powdered sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes rotating half way. Cool the sheets 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment